Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 2 at Tagaytay – Breakfast and visiting Picnic Grove

 

  Day 2 of vacation

     We spent almost the whole day visiting places like, picnic grove and halfway zoo. BF and I had Breakfast first, we availed of our free complimentary breakfast at the hotel and let me tell you, it was really goood! I really love their ice tea, it tastes different, and their scrambled eggs are good and the tapa is love. You can definitely tell that we enjoyed our breakfast.

36242_1651423498244_1616721377_1520070_5478108_n                                                BF and me

    We were actually surprised to see many couples who stayed in the hotel, it goes to show that the hotel we stayed in is really good.

DSCN1280

DSCN1290                                     Ice tea – the best I had ( in my opinion )

DSCN1282

DSCN1284                                         longganisa – sweet pork 

DSCN1285                                                          Tapa – beef

    I like their tapa a lot, it’s not dry and soft to the bite, very tasty. Deserves 5/5 spoons.

 

   Right after breakfast (and me wearing sleeping clothes) the BF wanted to go to Picnic grove, the entrance fee costs P50 and as soon as you enter, you will be bombarded by men asking if you want to ride a horse, there’s no fixed price for it. I think the BF paid P350/ each, originally it’s 200 / each but if you want to ride the horse over looking the Taal lake it would cost P150 more, nevertheless, it was worth it. Anyway, we didn’t ride yet, we just looked around and BF forced me to ride a freaking ZIP LINE and CABLE CAR! YES! I hate/ am afraid of heights, but then I was still forced. For the cable car it would cost P400/ each (1 way), but it comes with a package of pictures, for zip line and cable car with frame and a mug. Good thing that the line wasn’t that long, so I suggest that you go early like around 8am.

  Here’s how ridiculous I look

DSCN1317    the picture was press heated in the mug which the BF wanted to have, the picture in the cable car was completely horrible, I looked that horrible so I won’t be posting that. haha!

  Here are other pictures around the area

DSCN1291

DSCN1293

                                                   Inside the cable car

DSCN1298 DSCN1300 DSCN1301                                            Some trinkets you can buy

DSCN1302 DSCN1303 DSCN1304                                        Booze in the park? hmmmm

DSCN1305

DSCN1306  DSCN1309 DSCN1311    Right now,  I actually wish my camera has a wide angle lens, though I know there’s a panorama setting in my NIKON L21 but haven’t figured it out yet.

DSCN1319                                       Mango shake at Alamat Pub –uber sweet P60

   In front of the pub, well, it doesn’t really look like a pub, is a chapel. We hoped it was open at that time so we can say our prayers, but it was closed.

DSCN1308 DSCN1312

DSCN1313  

     Overall…

      Picnic grove hasn’t changed that much, though the area seemed clean and no trash in site. Also, the souveneir shops are now organized says the BF.

    The weather was just right, it was sunny but cool at the same time, we perspired a bit and had a good walk, then decided to go back to the hotel to take a shower.

63593_1651477139585_1616721377_1520259_7960570_n                           In our hotel room before heading off for lunch

 

   Are you dare devil enough to try the zip line? as for me, I am NOT! haha! Till my next post, which I can’t wait to share with you.

 

  Till then!

 

  Meow..Meow..

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you had so much fun! That tapa looks incredibly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Midge: yup we did! And the tapa is good. If we only had a car, I'd definitely ask the BF just to have breakfast there, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...