Friday, June 25, 2010

Espresso Anyone?

 

Espresso anyone? actually it’s Espresso Comics, first of all, let me tell you a little introduction about it.

What is Espresso? Espresso is a weekly magazine that features one-shot comic stories, as well as a regular comic series by Filipino creators. Espresso will be distributed for FREE at the stations of the Light Rail Transit (LRT) Lines 1 & 2

There are actually good comics that we have now, such as TRESE (by Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo) which made me a convert of loving comics more, ZsaZsa Zaturnnah by the very super nice artist Sir Carlo Vergara and a whole lot more. Just to brag a little, I’ve met them in person and they are all super nice and friendly to us FANS, also had my picture taken with them. For those who haven’t heard of their works yet they are available at all National Bookstores.

I’m proud to say that the creator of Espresso is a good friend of mine, well actually she’s a really good friend of BF then. For the very first issue (pilot issue), we have Mars Mag by Ria Lu about the fashion  industry. It’s actually my favorite story among her group. Unfortunately it’s just a pilot issue, but don’t fret because as I mentioned Espresso will have different stories EACH WEEK FOR FREE! Don’t you just love it? and it’s something new too, compared to the MRT which has the free LIBRE newspaper, for LRT stations they have Espresso. It something that hasn’t been done, since mostly some comics that are free are online. By the way, for those who missed out on the LRT, Robinsons Mall, Comic Odyssey in Manila and Galleria have copies too, so get one if you’re around the area. As for me, I’m looking forward to having another issue of Espresso, it’s addicting! If you want to know more about Espresso check out their link @ http://espressocomics.wordpress.com/ and here’s a picture of the pilot issue

Image1020                                                                    Neat huh?

From what I know the upcoming issue is pretty interesting, so stay tuned!

What are your thoughts about comics? I’d love to hear them.

 

Meow..Meow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...