Friday, June 25, 2010

Long list of updates + L’oreal, Garnier and Human Nature

 

Hello Ladies! Happy Friday Morning to all! As promised, I will post updates on the things I’ve bought last week.

1. First of is the new L’oreal Damage repair shampoo:

I was pretty amazed with this shampoo, as I was expecting to see results  in 2 weeks, but the first time I tried it it was L-O-V-E! after the first wash of shampoo it was as if I used conditioner, it was so soft and that time it was perfect because I had a special date. He likes running his fingers through my hair and before I was a bit conscious because of the tangles. Now as for the frizziness, it was manageable compared before, but it’s still there. Unfortunately for my haircut, I really hated it (and I won’t mention where I had my haircut done last year), most days I have bad hair days that I have to tie up my hair in a bun, or sometimes a freaking fly away hair.

The shampoo has a rich texture, much richer than rejoice or pantene (or pretty much the same) As for the conditioner variant, if the first wash of the shampoo was soft, your hair gets more softer after the 2nd wash of the conditioner. You can say that I really really love this Shampoo, and looks like this will be my staple shampoo and conditioner for a long time.

L’oreal says: The 1st total reparation of the 5 signs of damaged hair with Cement-Ceramide, L’oreal’s exclusive active ingredient, that works to natural hair cement. Ceramide. It keeps hair strong and healthy by filling in cracks for strengthened and resilient hair and sealing hair scales for replenished moisture and ultra smooth and ultra shiny hair surface. Split ends are prevented

Proven results: 1. Stronger 2. Nourished 3. Shinier 4. Smoother 5. Less split ends

Image0988[4] 

My verdict: 5/5 kikay points

Although, when I really want my hair clean from oiliness and dust I use Head and Shoulders Citrus clean, it does it’s job well. So I’ll be using it from time to time, depending on my activity and weather.

Will I repurchase? YES!

What’s your favorite shampoo that works for you? I’d love to hear them.

2. Garnier’s self heating mask

I was happy to get this as a freebie, given to me by BF then in the espresso launch. When I saw self heating, I was like, really? it promises to purify pores in 7 days and me being too tired to do an extra mile of cleansing my face I’ve only tried this for 3x. This is how it looks like

Image0984  As you can see, it’s color blue and once you put an amount in your face it IS self heating. It is recommended for 3 minutes only and I do not dare leave it longer. Here’s the product

Image0985

Garnier says: The formula generates a self-heating action on contact with skin. Specifically developed with clay and zinc, it works to remove impurities and excess sebum to unclog pores and refine skin texture. Your skin should be deeply cleansed and looks shine free. It feels purified for up to 7 days.

Now, with that being said, If you’re like me who has oily skin, I think you should use this consistently to keep from being to shiny. How does it feel after using it? Well, i did feel the heat upon contact with skin. Actually you only put this on your T-Zone area, forehead, nose and chin for 3 minutes and then the heat eventually subsides. The heat is tolerable so don’t worry ;) I loved how it did make my t-zone less shiny on that day and cleansed. So this product is worth buying! You can use this once or twice a week.

My verdict: 3.7/5 kikay points (I’m pretty sure there’s a better product, like the one I saw at Shen’s Addiction, that I must buy too, but for the mean time this product works, so not bad at all!

Will I repurchase? YES!

3. http://bitsandtreats.blogspot.com/ – Chosen owner of her set 1

I came across bitsand treats’ blog through sugar sugar and saw that she’s having her set 1 of human nature’s tomato and lemon grass toner. I’ve heard good reviews for this product, specifically for oily skinned people like me and decided why not right? and  it’s free? It gives me a chance to test the product first and if it works for me then It’s a must buy in my list.

Human Nature says: For normal to oily skin. When alcohol-based toners sting, they are drying your skin, which leads to premature aging. Now you can tone without the aging! Tomato & Lemongrass is a combination packed with anti oxidants such as lycopene, beta carotene and Vitamin E that helps fight free radicals and maintain  healthy cells. Tomato is also bursting with Vitamin C to brighten. Don’t get old, pamper yourself with Nature’s Best!

Image1018

 I’m not sure if this lessens the oiliness since it didn’t mention anything about that, but as for the brightening effects I’ve been using this 2 days straight for now but it seems that every time I use it my face looks a little brightened. As for the smell, it smells kinda weird but understandable because it’s organic, no issues there for me.  I think I’d see results in a week or so. As for my skin, I hardly have any breakouts, (but when I do, I have breakouts bigtime. Also after taking a shower some part of my face gets red and a little bit itchy)  though I have oily skin it’s hard to maintain looking fresh throughout the day or night. One of my biggest issues really.

Btw, I first read a review about this at Cabyness’ blog she’s on her 3rd bottle I think, you might want to check it out. http://cabyness.blogspot.com/2010/05/tomato-from-heart.html

My verdict: 3.6/5 kikay points

Will I buy? YES! and thanks to http://bitsandtreats.blogspot.com/ for letting me adopt her human nature.

 

So that’s about it for updates!

Meow..Meow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...