The first time I saw this was at Phoebe ann’s site, but when my friend Lady E, seriously hoarded Lip ice products now I wanted to buy / hoard too. But I think Lady E hoarded more products than I did, see here.
Now on to the review.. The sheer color and the candy gloss
First is the sheer color:
I’ve always loved lip balms which has color in them and when this product came out, I knew I had to try it.
There are 2 kind of lip ice sheer color, the one I bought is the strawberry flavored. The other kind is the unscented.
Actual product looks like this:
- It does give you the stain lip color as promised
- inexpensive P129 at Watson’s – I bought mine at Watson’s mega mall.
- personally, I don’t find it too waxy. Just right.
- love the strawberry scent – not over powering.
- It says, Mentholatum but it didn’t really have any cooling effect for me. Maybe it’s just me, I’m not sure.
Lip ice – Gloss…
I bought the candy apple, the darker pink shade to be safe and I think the price is the same, correct me if I’m wrong.
- Too oily
- doesn’t show the color that much
Personally, yes it is oily when you put too much, so I think you just need a little for that extra shine for the perfect pouty lips.
Below are swatches
The one at the left is the sheer color and the right the candy apple gloss
Over all, I think it’s still a good product, even teens can use this. I’d definitely buy the sheer gloss again, I love how it makes my lips look naturally pink ;) At least after eating, I can just use this, instead of retouching my lipstick.
My Verdict: 3/5 kikay points
Which lip ice products are your favorites?