Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tech talk: How to upgrade your Samsung ACE froyo to gingerbread OS

 

I was told that upgrading my OS is not a walk in the park, so I did my research and found most of the articles very complicated. Reading about the ODIN software and seeing different links intimidated me. So I did a more extensive research and found a video tutorial, using a Samsung Kies to upgrade the firmware.

Before you could upgrade your phone’s OS, you have to upgrade your Samsung Kies first. Since mine is outdated, there were two updates which was fairly easy to do and took less than 30 minutes.

After such, when you connect your device, Samsung Kies will prompt a message for a new firmware upgrade for your device

DSCN4258

Initially there will be a warning when you click the firmware upgrade button which will look like the image below.

DSCN4261

I was still cautious to back up my music files, and was ready to re-download all my apps again. But surprisingly, after the update, my music, photos and my apps were still there. It took me around 30 minutes for the firmware update.

DSCN4264 

After a few minutes, I saw my phone downloading different codes which I wasn’t able to take a picture of because it was scanning very fast. You will then see a downloading message in your phone screen (refer image below)

DSCN4274

DSCN4270

Surprisingly, it was very easy to do. If a noob like me can do it, so can you Winking smile 

Yes, I’m on Gingerbread baby!

 

  Till then!

 

 

 Meow..Meow..

2 comments:

  1. is this your first android upgrade? yeah, it's a three step process lang di ba? last of which is the Odin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @john: yes my first upgrade

    i asked pinoytechblog, i think the samsung kies is enough for the upgrade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...