Happy hump day people! As promised I want to share my BB cream experience with Ginvera.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I rarely include BB cream in my make-up routine for a couple of reasons. First off, I have very oily skin and it’s only recently that I found a skin care that helps regulate the sebum. Secondly, I know I haven’t tried a lot of BB creams, but more often than not it doesn’t look as natural to me.
I’ve only tried Dr. Jart’s BB cream a year ago, and even the oil control doesn’t help. If there is one thing I liked about Dr. Jart is the coverage. I think I wasn’t able to make a “review” about the product, but I won 2 small tubes from Annalyn’s contest a year or two ago.
Moving on to Ginvera
The product claims for all skin types, let’s see how it works for a oily faced lady like me.
5 things I like about this product:
- In fairness to this BB cream, it gave me a natural coverage and feels a bit light on the skin.
- It is not greasy and almost has a powdery finish. –please take note that relying solely on this for oil control purposes does not help. You really need an effective oil control skin care for these kinds of products to work.
- Subtle scent
- It has SPF!
- Can be worn alone with minimum powder – LOVE!
2 things I don’t like:
- The consistency is a bit runny
- Coverage for minimizing pores not so good (for me). Yes, huge problem of oily faced ladies (or maybe just me) are my pores.
- Oil control does not last all day – outdoors 3 hours /indoors – 5 hours with minimum shine. Take note I said shine not grease, but I suppose it’s with the help of my current skin care. Will post about it soon.
Swatch on hand
I’m very happy about the light coverage. My sister say’s that it appears like I put on some light foundation. I’m content with the oil control property, it perfectly compliments my current oil control skin care.
I will see If I can post a FOTD with me wearing the product so you can see how natural it looks for a BB cream.
Overall, I really love how it matches with my skin tone. I can’t say that it’s my Holy Grail BB cream, but I’m happy with it.
Shout out to Mel, huge thank you for sending me some samples to try.
Ginvera can be purchased through Sendah Pinoy’s website for P680+ for a huge bottle.
You can also follow them through the following:
Sendah Pinoy’s Twitter: @sendahpinoy
Sendah Pinoy’s Facebook: Sendah Pinoy
Do you have any HG BB creams you’d like to share with me? Comment away :)