Sunday, November 11, 2012

Event: Celebrating Christmas with Hello Kitty

 

Kids and the kid at heart were together in celebrating the launch of SM North Edsa’s, Christmas with Hello Kitty at the Block. The event was pretty crazy as there were A LOT of people that day.

It was actually my first time to go to SM North Edsa, just when I thought SM Mall of Asia was cluttered, I find this mall much more cluttered making MOA a better mall to go to. Well, that’s me anyway.

The event was supposed to start at 4pm but as usual it started fashionably late. I believe I arrived just on time and the production staff was still prepping the place.

IMG_3305

Arriving early at events has it’s advantage if you don’t want any competition in taking photos of the area. As soon as the event finished, this place was mobbed by lots of people taking photos.

SM North Edsa teamed up with an interior school (or something – forgive me as I forgot quite a few details about the event), and came up with these adorable interior houses. You can have your photo taken anytime you want I believe. I was alone at the event and it was too bad I couldn’t ask anyone to take my photo with these lovely houses.

IMG_3301IMG_3302

Bread Talk – Sanrio Cakes

IMG_3306

Guests were served lots of food from their sponsors, Papa John’s, Jamba Juice and a whole lot more. I wasn’t able to take food photos though.

Slowly VIP’s from SM North Edsa, the Vice Mayor of Quezon City, Sanrio representative from Japan and a representative from the Japan Embassy arrived. The Magalona family graced the event too, although I didn’t take photos of them.

And for a Hello Kitty event, of course Ms. Tessa Prieto – Valdez is the fitting person to host the launch along with Raymund Gutierrez.

IMG_3325IMG_3331

Vice President of SM

IMG_3318

from Sanrio, Japan

Aside from attending the event, I was also one of the collectors that was chosen to exhibit our limited edition HK items. All collectors were asked to grace the stage and say something about our most prized possession of HK. As Raymund was introducing me, I didn’t want to go up and wanted to run. But Joan insisted me to go up. While walking I was praying for the earth to open that moment and eat me. Ugh!

Of course, as soon as the spot light is on you I wasn’t able to say what I really wanted to say. Double Ugh!

After the interview, there was a fashion show from Forever 21’s Hello Kitty Collection. I won’t be posting all of the photos here, but in case you are interested you can check it out in my Facebook page.

IMG_3350

After such, there was a short concert from the band General Luna. The lead singer sure is hot! He-He!

The most coveted part of all Hello Kitty fans was the arrival of Hello Kitty herself. FYI, Hello Kitty flew in from London all the way to SM North Edsa, LOL!

IMG_3358IMG_3363

All collectors were then asked to head on to the 3rd floor to have our photo taken along with our collections.

IMG_3365

         My Hello Kitty Limited edition brush set featured in the tarpaulin – nice!

IMG_3368IMG_3372IMG_3373

IMG_3370

My HK collection the Sephora brush set was brought from The Hyphen store, the rest were gifts from Lady E. Thank you!

The exhibit runs from November 10 to January 6, 2013 at SM North Edsa, 3rd floor. So if you’re around the area do drop by and check out the collections.

Many thanks to Monarchi Productions for inviting me to the event. It may have been pretty crazy but I had fun. I will surely miss my collections for quite a while. Please do take good care of them~

 

Till then!

 

Meow..Meow..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...